Reflections Art Program – 2020-21
I Matter Because … will be the next Reflections theme for 2020-2021. Plan your projects now. It’s never too early to start!
Is your child interested in participating in the Reflections program this year?
Here is the link to the Reflections Program rules and entry form..
Please let us know if you have any questions at all! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each year, over 300,000 students in Pre-K through Grade 12 create original works of art in response to a student-selected theme. The theme for the 2019-2020 program year is Look Within. Students submit their completed works of art in one or all of the available arts categories: Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, Visual Arts.
The National PTA Reflections program encourages students of all ages and abilities to explore and be involved in the arts in an educational way. Through the program, National PTA, KDE PTA, Katy Council of PTA’s, and PTAs across the country urge students in preschool through grade 12 to create and submit original works of art in the medium of their choice— dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts — reflecting on a specific theme. There also is a special artist division option for students with disabilities to ensure that all students have the opportunity to participate in the program. Students are recognized each year for their artistic ingenuity to bring the theme to life in a way that is personal and meaningful.
Founded in 1969, the National PTA Reflections engages nearly 300,000 students and their families in arts education activities each year—encouraging students to explore the arts for fun and recognition. For more information about the program, visit PTA.org/Reflections.
Reflections is a nation-wide PTA program offering students an opportunity to explore their artistic talents and express themselves.
Students preschool to high school can participate in Reflections. Judging focuses on interpretation of the theme and creativity along with artistic merit.
Entries can advance from the school level, to state, to the national level.
How to enter:
- Create a new artwork inspired by this year’s theme.
- Complete a student entry form.
- All entries must include the “Artistic Statement” (on the entry form).
- Submit art (according to the rules for its specific category) and your entry form by the this year’s deadline
- Do not accept creative help from an adult.
- Do not collaborate with other students — except in the Special Artist Division. Other individuals may appear in or perform a student’s work, but the work itself must be the creative product of one student.
- Do not use copyrighted material— except for recorded music in dance choreography and film production entries.
- Do not ignore any of the national or state guidelines.
Studies show that students who frequently engage in Arts activities show success in school and beyond. Art programs strengthen problem solving and critical thinking therefore empowering students in their decision making. So encourage your kids to get involved!
There is no limit to the number of entries per child. Complete information (Forms, Rules and Resources) are available on the Texas PTA Reflections webpage.
For additional information, please contact: